Saturday, July 5, 2008

Google Alerts

First off, I want to applaud/thank Bill for his great job in keeping posts rolling while we are swamped with bar prep. Also, he is responsible for the cool new design.

Bill's previous post, Google It, inspired me to post on another cool Google feature - Google Alerts. A Google Alert will send you an e-mail when new information is posted to the internet on a particular subject. For example, I have an alert on a particular sleazy defendant who seems to be in constant legal trouble (apart from our lawsuit). I also created an alert on the case names of a certain pair of appeals that took the South Dakota Supreme court eight months to rule on. This way I don't have to obsessively search for what I am interested in, Google just tells me when there is something new. You can create an alert by going to Google's alert page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment